School Holiday Survival Guide
27th November 2018 Read Time: 3 minutes By: Phillip James
We want everyone to have a memorable experience at Rush no matter what date or time they visit, so please take a moment to read our tips on how to make the most of your visit with us during school holidays.
School holidays are our busiest time here at Rush, putting extra demand on our facilities, car park and cafe.
We want everyone to have a memorable experience at Rush no matter what date or time they visit, so please take a moment to read our tips on how to make the most of your visit with us during school holidays:
Parking at Rush
- Parking is offered to customers on a first come, first served basis. During half term demand on our car park is high.
- Please anticipate delays during this peak period and only park in marked bays. Pay and display car parking is available nearby, please consider car sharing if possible.
- Please do not park in spaces of neighbouring businesses. These do not belong to us.
- We recommend leaving up to 60 minutes before your session time to find a space and check in.
Rush Waiver Policy
- Everyone must complete and sign a liability waiver form prior to jumping.
- Once signed, a waiver is valid for 12 months.
- Waivers can be filled in online or at the park, filling them in online before you arrive will save time at the till.
- Only jumping customers should be included in the group size when purchasing online, non-jumpers do not need to sign a waiver.
Rush Safety Video
- Everyone wishing to jump at Rush must watch our short safety video before their jump session.
- Having to watch our safety video every time before your visit might seem tedious, but it's always good to have a reminder if you haven't visited us in a while, it's also our way of ensuring we do not discriminate against any customers who may not remember some details.
- Our safety video is less than 10 minutes long, once watched a member of staff with sign your wristband to let Court Monitors know you've watched the video.
- Please bring your Rush socks with you if you have a pair, if not they can be purchased for £2 per pair at the park or when booking. We are unable to accept socks from another facility.
- Rush non-slip socks must be worn by all jumpers for both safety and hygiene reasons. Once purchased, they are yours to keep and use again on repeat visits.
- We also request Rush socks (with our branded colour grips on the bottom) to protect and preserve the quality of our equipment. As you can imagine, over time with hundreds of bouncers, our equipment would get discoloured and tarnished with a variety of different coloured sock grips.
- Pre-booking your open jump session in advance online is the only way to guarantee a slot. If you choose not to book and turn up on the day, there may be a high risk during peak times that slot is sold out and you cannot jump until the next free session.
- Pre-booking can only be done online via our website. Please note you cannot call and make a reservation to pay when you arrive. This may result in customers not showing up and restricts other customers' enjoyment to attend that session.